WCSBoard

Boulder best Pac-12 town according to Athlon Sports

Bison

5 minutes in downtown Boulder, and you're reminded of Eugene, instantly. Boulder is Eugene's sister city.

Heard that a lot.  I wonder how close Autzen is to downtown Eugene since downtown Boulder isn't that far from Folsom Field.  Same for Berkley.  You could get on a bike path and be in downtown Boulder before the same person found a parking spot there.

It's nice to have some peers like that in the same conference...it's the part of being the black sheep that CU was in the Big 12 that I miss.  Based on how many Pac-10 fans were rooting for CU in the past, I'm sure they would have loved the "Us against the World" attitude their schools would have against the Big Ten, Big 12, and SEC schools.  That's why I will root for any Pac-12 school against any school from those conferences.

Heard that a lot.  I wonder how close Autzen is to downtown Eugene since downtown Boulder isn't that far from Folsom Field.  Same for Berkley.  You could get on a bike path and be in downtown Boulder before the same person found a parking spot there.

It's nice to have some peers like that in the same conference...it's the part of being the black sheep that CU was in the Big 12 that I miss.  Based on how many Pac-10 fans were rooting for CU in the past, I'm sure they would have loved the "Us against the World" attitude their schools would have against the Big Ten, Big 12, and SEC schools.  That's why I will root for any Pac-12 school against any school from those conferences.

It's not as close to Downtown Eugene, as Folsom is to Downtown Boulder. Downtown Boulder is a different feel, I'd say if you were to take the Pearl District of downtown Portland, sprinkle some of downtown Eugene in there with the Campus of Oregon, you'd have downtown Boulder.

I'm relocating back up to the Denver Metropolitan because I love it up there that much, and am done with Phoenix, and am planning on being out at the Oregon/CU game. CU fans are harmless nowadays because you've been shit for so long -- you guys are a step below Washington in my opinion in terms of "our history" babble, but for the most part your team is harmless. When you're putting up 60 points a game against you guys, you tend not to hear too much shit talking.

There's a close family friend of mine who works in the admissions department at Cal and said, "If the school went strictly off of merit, 99% of the students would be Asian females with a 4.3 GPA and perfect SAT/SAT2 scores ." 

I can't imagine a 4.3 student is getting perfect scores.

My friend's wife's mom refused to come to there wedding because my friend wasn't a doctor.  No joke. 

Although most of us avoid meeting the mother's unless we plan on wifen 'em up. 

I'm just sayin' it takes one dose.

It's not as close to Downtown Eugene, as Folsom is to Downtown Boulder. Downtown Boulder is a different feel, I'd say if you were to take the Pearl District of downtown Portland, sprinkle some of downtown Eugene in there with the Campus of Oregon, you'd have downtown Boulder.

I'm relocating back up to the Denver Metropolitan because I love it up there that much, and am done with Phoenix, and am planning on being out at the Oregon/CU game. CU fans are harmless nowadays because you've been shit for so long -- you guys are a step below Washington in my opinion in terms of "our history" babble, but for the most part your team is harmless. When you're putting up 60 points a game against you guys, you tend not to hear too much shit talking.

No argument from me about the last ten years.  The Buff diehards basically bought basketball season tickets instead of football season tickets to show the CU AD that they wouldn't accept subpar football.  That's why you have seen smaller crowds at Folsom Field than normal in recent years.  Even if the Buffs return to winning football this fall, it will take awhile to bring back those fans that used to make Folsom Field as crazy as Husky & Autzen stadiums.  Hell will freeze over first before the Buffs hire another Boise State coach.

Sorry about that.  The people who created that South Park cartoon went to CU so that anti-Mormon attitude wouldn't have been a surprise.  I do wish my fellow Buff fans would realize that Ute fans have been treated by BYU fans as poorly as CU fans have been treated by Husker fans and called it even.

I even rooted for the Rams against Utah not because of the Mormon connection but I couldn't stand seeing an Utah team beat a Colorado team.  There's also the friendly rivalry of the ski resorts in both states.  When I see the Jazz on the Nuggets schedule that night or Real Salt Lake on the Rapids schedule that night, I'm snap into my anti-Utah hate.  You don't realize how much it is eating at me that the Buffs lost to the Utes in football and both times in MBB this recent season.  I hope CU pays the Utes back this upcoming season.  My dislike for Utah dates back to the Karl Malone-John Stockton days for the Jazz and as a Nuggets fan.

You can count me as one fan that really appreciates having Utah as CU's rival.  I thought the "Rumble in the Rockies" label was lame...I'd be happy with a ski boot as a rivalry trophy between the two schools in football.  I think people will really see the rivalry come around once CU comes around in football which might happen as soon as this year.  And without that Mormon hate since that is something that should be directed at BYU instead.

GO BUFFS!

UTAH SUX!

CU is not Utah's rival no matter how hard the P12 tries to say so... There is zero animosity towards CU when it comes to being a "rival". I think most Utes view CU as another P12 team..

It will take years and years to develop true hate for CU and I doubt I ever consider CU a rival in my lifetime..

As far as the list.  For me it all comes down to 2 things...

1. True College Town-off the beaten path and unique.

2. Convenience of the Big city with ammenities/nightlife. 

If I have time, I prefer taking some time and not minding any extra drive and going true college town but if I want a quick weekend with easy flights and nightlife, I like the bigger cities.

I'd have to rate Boulder as the P12's best college town and I like Seattle the most for a big city..

CU is not Utah's rival no matter how hard the P12 tries to say so... There is zero animosity towards CU when it comes to being a "rival". I think most Utes view CU as another P12 team..

It will take years and years to develop true hate for CU and I doubt I ever consider CU a rival in my lifetime..

Another, "you're not our rival" post.  You'd think we were talking about USC and UCLA.

I disagree. I think the stones are being set one by one to build a nice little animosity. There's a natural UTAH vs Colorado back and forth going on. There's general unfriendliness between the Jazz and Fuggets. There's outright naked hostility between the MLS franchises

The basketball series are getting a little heated with blowouts going both ways.

Their shit football team somehow kept UTAH out of the inaugural CCG, which has so far been our only shot at that game. To add icing on that cake, it was their first road win in a couple of centuries, or whatever. The following year, the football game was notable for back-to-back 100 yard kick-off returns for touchdowns, an extremely rare occurrence.

The last 3 skiing championships have come down to UTAH/CU, and the UTES have finished 2nd to the Bison in all of them.

Early last century UTAH and Colorado had a pretty heated and evenly matched rivalry. It will reawaken before you know it. I reserve my loathing for mip, but I am ready and willing to accept CU as a healthy rival. Now if only they could somehow resurrect their football program...

Now if only they could somehow resurrect their football program...

With CU's impressive new football facilities, I believe the resurrection of their football program will happen a lot sooner than anyone imagined.

ipf-04-740x357.jpg

I disagree. I think the stones are being set one by one to build a nice little animosity. There's a natural UTAH vs Colorado back and forth going on. There's general unfriendliness between the Jazz and Fuggets. There's outright naked hostility between the MLS franchises

The basketball series are getting a little heated with blowouts going both ways.

Their shit football team somehow kept UTAH out of the inaugural CCG, which has so far been our only shot at that game. To add icing on that cake, it was their first road win in a couple of centuries, or whatever. The following year, the football game was notable for back-to-back 100 yard kick-off returns for touchdowns, an extremely rare occurrence.

The last 3 skiing championships have come down to UTAH/CU, and the UTES have finished 2nd to the Bison in all of them.

Early last century UTAH and Colorado had a pretty heated and evenly matched rivalry. It will reawaken before you know it. I reserve my loathing for mip, but I am ready and willing to accept CU as a healthy rival. Now if only they could somehow resurrect their football program...

THIS.

Utah was CU's very first rival in football.  Not Nebraska.  Not even Colorado State.

Football will not stay down forever...the Buffs won a conference title in every single conference they have been part of.  The current CU AD worked with the Buffs football team during those 1990's runs so you can bet he knows what it takes to get winning football back to Boulder.  CU is committed to football especially with that $153 million facilities upgrade.

I cannot wait to see football really get heated between the Buffs and Utes.  The Buff football players from the last two games from the 1960's were VERY HAPPY when CU kept Utah out of that Pac-12 CCG.  Seeing that CU lost badly to Utah in MBB this recent season didn't sit well with me at all.  It wasn't much of a surprise to me that basketball got heated before football does.  Now that Utah basketball is back on the map, it won't be long before Colorado football is back on the map as well.

Archived