Jump to content
WCSBoard

The Way Too Early PAC12 2023 Football Projection


HLB

Recommended Posts

USC (13-0), Undefeated Conference Champions & CFP Final Four Participant

Oregon (10-2)

Utah (9-3)

Washington, (9-3)

Oregon State, (7-5)

UCLA (7-5)

Arizona (6-6)

Washington State, (6-6)

Arizona State, (3-9)

Colorado, (3-9)

Stanford, (3-9)

Cal, (2-10)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Oregon St. has a 5-star transfer QB and a 4-star recruit at QB, and largely reload at all other positions.  Why do you believe we'll be 3 games worse than 2022?  OR are you just pulling all this shit out of your ass like usual?

And good LORD do you ever get the taste of USC's cock out of your mouth?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/13/2023 at 3:50 PM, Quack 12 said:

Strange that you have USC going 13-0 and winning the conference title, but you have no other team in the conference playing in the title game.

That's because I think there are three teams that could play USC in the CCG.  I just can't decide which one will face USC.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/12/2023 at 9:35 AM, Orange said:

Oregon St. has a 5-star transfer QB and a 4-star recruit at QB, and largely reload at all other positions.  Why do you believe we'll be 3 games worse than 2022?  OR are you just pulling all this shit out of your ass like usual?

And good LORD do you ever get the taste of USC's cock out of your mouth?

Oregon State has their first double-digit win season (in large part because they played Florida-lite in their bowl game), in about 25 years, and suddenly you act like they do so every year.  They will fall back to reality in 2023.

DJ Uiagalelei (the 5-star transfer you are referring to) was terrible for two seasons at Clemson, and a primary reason why Clemson was simply not very good for the last two seasons.  If he was worth anything, Clemson would not have let him get away.  But they practially held the door open for him to leave.  He was so bad, that at the end of the season Clemson started a 5-star true freshman in the last two games of the season.  So, I wouldn't be so quick to get so excited if I were you.  There are three PAC12 QBs that I can think of, right off the cuff, that will perform better than Uiagalelei, in 2023 (Williams, Nix and Penix).  There may be others, but I can't remember all of the PAC12 starting QBs.

And if you're banking on a true freshman 4-star recruit to take over as the starting QB and lead the Beavers to the promise land, then you're going to be greatly disappointed.

The reason the Beavers will be three games worse in 2023:  A drop off in QB play, and because of these 2023 opponents:  San Diego State, UCLA, Oregon, Utah, Washington, and Washington State.  They will lose to at least five of those six teams.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/12/2023 at 9:35 AM, Orange said:

And good LORD do you ever get the taste of USC's cock out of your mouth?

So, for the second season in a row, I predict big things for USC, and suddenly you act like I have been hyping them for decades.

Last year, I missed the regular season projection by one game, and if Williams had not pulled a hamstring in the 2nd quarter, they wouldn't have lost the CCG either.  So, I wasn't off by much, particularly when pretty much everyone on these threads didn't project them to win more than 8 games.

In 2023, their key offensive players will be back.  Their defense will be stronger, thanks to more experience and an influx of talent from the transfer portal.

There's a reason why Riley had so much success at Oklahoma:  He knows what it takes to build a NC caliber team, and he knows what he's doing.  No other coach in the PAC12 has had the success he has had, nor do they know how to build a playoff caliber team.  And he almost took USC to the playoffs in his first year.

And I doubt you know anything about the LORD, but certainly know about the taste of a man in your mouth.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/14/2023 at 7:15 PM, utenation said:

Fuck this thread. Go sway douchebag. My offer is $100 to kick road apples.  
 

Take it, it’s more than you make in 5 months in unemployment in shitcreek Arkansas. 

I don't live in Arkansas.

And your offer is beyond, way too low.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/13/2023 at 6:56 PM, HLB said:

Oregon State has their first double-digit win season (in large part because they played Florida-lite in their bowl game), in about 25 years, and suddenly you act like they do so every year.  They will fall back to reality in 2023.

DJ Uiagalelei (the 5-star transfer you are referring to) was terrible for two seasons at Clemson, and a primary reason why Clemson was simply not very good for the last two seasons.  If he was worth anything, Clemson would not have let him get away.  But they practially held the door open for him to leave.  He was so bad, that at the end of the season Clemson started a 5-star true freshman in the last two games of the season.  So, I wouldn't be so quick to get so excited if I were you.  There are three PAC12 QBs that I can think of, right off the cuff, that will perform better than Uiagalelei, in 2023 (Williams, Nix and Penix).  There may be others, but I can't remember all of the PAC12 starting QBs.

And if you're banking on a true freshman 4-star recruit to take over as the starting QB and lead the Beavers to the promise land, then you're going to be greatly disappointed.

The reason the Beavers will be three games worse in 2023:  A drop off in QB play, and because of these 2023 opponents:  San Diego State, UCLA, Oregon, Utah, Washington, and Washington State.  They will lose to at least five of those six teams.

Oregon State was 10-3 because they lost two games by a combined 6 points, otherwise they would've been 12-1.  And because Jonathon Smith is a terrific coach, as most everyone in the country is fast realizing.

Your problem is you start every conversation with "The Pac-12 and the west coast sucks, and the SEC is awesome, and now it's time for me to pick and choose the facts, lies, and curious anecdotes that will buttress this claim."  It's the same thing you probably do with every political argument, where you cherry-pick around trump's numerous treasonous activities to justify voting for him.

You're simply not a smart person.  Weapons-grade stupid, in fact.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/18/2023 at 2:37 PM, Orange said:

"The Pac-12 and the west coast sucks, and the SEC is awesome, and now it's time for me to pick and choose the facts, lies, and curious anecdotes that will buttress this claim." 

Show me where I've made these exact statements.

Just another liberal embellishment of facts.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/11/2023 at 6:27 PM, HLB said:

USC (13-0), Undefeated Conference Champions & CFP Final Four Participant

Oregon (10-2)

Utah (9-3)

Washington, (9-3)

Oregon State, (7-5)

UCLA (7-5)

Arizona (6-6)

Washington State, (6-6)

Arizona State, (3-9)

Colorado, (3-9)

Stanford, (3-9)

Cal, (2-10)

I understand why CU could be rated lower but I would say that the roster turnover has yielded an overall talent upgrade that CU by default will be better than last year's team.  That's why I didn't bother buying any preseason college football magazines this year because the rosters won't be up to date.

CU should beat Nebraska & CSU in non conference play then Stanford in conference play.  @ASU, OSU, Arizona, and @WSU might be tossups.  CU's ceiling is seven wins this year.

Boulder will be wild when USC visits and the same could be said for any PAC city they visit this year.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I like how he says "Oregon State will have a drop-off in QB play" when (a) we're returning our starter from last year, and (b) we have a 4-star and 5-star recruit competing in training camp with said returning starter.

Like, this couldn't be a dumber take if it was processed through a Skip Bayless membrane.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/31/2023 at 10:24 AM, Orange said:

I like how he says "Oregon State will have a drop-off in QB play" when (a) we're returning our starter from last year, and (b) we have a 4-star and 5-star recruit competing in training camp with said returning starter.

Like, this couldn't be a dumber take if it was processed through a Skip Bayless membrane.

 

I agree it was a very poor take by HLB.  Everyone is overlooking the Beavs because Caleb Williams is expected to lead USC to the CFP.  I would not mind the Beavs knocking USC out of the CFP at the P12 CCG.

I'm going to have to keep tabs on that QB race.  I watched on TV that former Clemson starter lead Clemson to a win at Norte Dame when Lawerence was ruled out of that game with an injury.  People forget the Tigers had to replace a very good RB and a couple of WRs.  If OSU has a good OL coming back and some help on offense, whoever wins the starting job at QB should have a good season for the Beavs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/31/2023 at 1:45 PM, PAC MAN said:

 

I agree it was a very poor take by HLB.  Everyone is overlooking the Beavs because Caleb Williams is expected to lead USC to the CFP.  I would not mind the Beavs knocking USC out of the CFP at the P12 CCG.

I'm going to have to keep tabs on that QB race.  I watched on TV that former Clemson starter lead Clemson to a win at Norte Dame when Lawerence was ruled out of that game with an injury.  People forget the Tigers had to replace a very good RB and a couple of WRs.  If OSU has a good OL coming back and some help on offense, whoever wins the starting job at QB should have a good season for the Beavs.

Oregon State is not going to the P12 CCG.

They will lose between 4-6 games.  I'm thinking 6:  SDSU (which is a reach), Utah, UCLA, Washington, Oregon and Wazzu.

Their "not-so-stellar" non-conference schedule should aid their win total.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/8/2023 at 8:36 PM, HLB said:

Oregon State is not going to the P12 CCG.

They will lose between 4-6 games.  I'm thinking 6:  SDSU (which is a reach), Utah, UCLA, Washington, Oregon and Wazzu.

Their "not-so-stellar" non-conference schedule should aid their win total.

Jonathan Smith, an OSU alumni, has every reason to lead the Beavs to a big season.  If that happens, another school with money can buy out his contract and help soften the landing if the Beavs end up in the MWC.

Money is a powerful motivator at that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...